Note: Hormone Replacement Therapy is currently only done at our locations in Wake Village and Texarkana, Texas.
Do you suffer from symptoms of hormonal imbalance? If so, you may find great benefit in Hormone Replacement Therapy at HealthCARE Express in Texarkana.
For decades, Hormone Replacement Therapy has been a natural means of combating the general effects of aging in both men and women. Hormone levels in men and women decline as they age. In men, symptoms often include decreased libido, fatigue and a general deterioration of overall health and feelings of well-being. In women, weight gain combined with depression, fatigue, mood swings, hot flashes, and even decreased libido, are common symptoms before, during and after menopause.
Hormone Replacement Therapy at HealthCARE Express may help reduce and even eliminate such symptoms. Remember our bodies still produce hormones naturally but in lower amounts as we age. HealthCARE Express is experienced in the replacement of sex hormones in men and women.
Hormone Production Facts
- Decreased testosterone levels has been linked to Alzheimer’s
- Human Growth Hormone lowers 10 – 15% every decade
- Testosterone levels decrease in men starting at age 30 at a rate of 1 – 3% per year
- DHEA (Dihydroepiandosterone ) is the most abundant steroid hormone that drops with age
- Melatonin is an endogenous hormone that regulates normal sleep that is only 10% at age 80 from levels at age 20
- Thyroid hormones decrease with age resulting in low body temperature, decreased metabolism, increased cholesterol levels and increased body fat
- Estrogen increases in men adversely affects the prostate
Benefits of Hormone Replacement
- Improved memory
- Increased sexual drive and performance
- Increased libido
- Enhanced immune system
- Increased stamina and vitality
- Improvement in sleep
Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalance:
• Water Retention
• Breast Swelling (Normal for tenderness if 28 days)
• Fibrocystic Breasts
• Premenstrual-like mood swings
• Loss of Sex Drive
• Uterine Fibroids
• Craving for Sweets
• Weight Gain
• Hot Flashes (not only symptom)
• Shortness of Breath
• Night Sweats
• Sleep Disorders
• Vaginal Dryness (painful)
• Dry Skin
• Mood Swings
• Memory Loss
• Yeast Infections
• Vaginal Shrinkage
• Painful Intercourse
• Inability to reach orgasm
• Lack of Menstruation
• Swollen Breasts
• Low Libido
• Sleep Disorders
• Fuzzy thinking
• Food Cravings
• Emotional Swings
• Painful Breasts
• Weight Gain
• Early Menstruation
• Inability to concentrate
• Painful Joints
Low Testosterone & Male Menopause
Did you know mean go thru male menopause? Called “andropause”, it is more gradual than the menopause experienced by women, but it is just as real. It often starts as early as age 35. Because it is so gradual, men often reach their mid-forties before they are even noticing some of the signs and symptoms.
Andropause, like menopause, is caused by a decline in hormones (primarily testosterone and the secondarily growth hormone, along with DHEA). On the average, a man’s testosterone level begins to decline at a rate of 1% per year after age 30. The diagnosis of low testosterone levels is based on the presence of signs or symptoms and must be confirmed by lab testing. The extent to which declining hormone levels cause men to age is dependent on lifestyle issues of diet, exercise and stress.
Testosterone Replacement Therapy is only recommended for men whose testosterone levels are low.
Goals of Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Adult Men
• Improvement in psychological well-being and mood
• Improvement in erectile dysfunction
• Improvement in libido
• Increased muscle mass
• Increased strength and stature
Testosterone replacement may also improve osteoporosis, cardiovascular disease and depression
Hormone Replacement Therapy & Your Life Style
A healthy lifestyle has been shown to be associated with higher hormone levels, and higher hormone levels seem to induce a more active, healthier lifestyle. When hormone levels decline, a person becomes less active and gains weight. As this weight gain occurs, hormones are stored in the fat and become unavailable to meet the body’s demands. Also, a lack of exercise, excessive alcohol use and many diseases can reduce bio-available hormone levels. For optimal results, it is vital that hormone replacement therapy be combined with exercise, proper nutrition and appropriate use of natural supplements.